To brush up on your grammar, click on the Review tab and select Grammar.
Grammar review on the app
Here's how you can make the most of this feature:
- Scroll through and revise individual grammar topics.
- Use the 'Practise grammar' button to start a test with a mix of Weak , Medium , and Strong topics.
- Want to focus on a specific grammar topic? Simply click on it from the list of topics provided to read through the Tips .
- Once you've unlocked a topic by completing its corresponding lesson within the course, you can practise it individually. Just click on the 'Practise' button within the topic Tips .
Grammar review on web
On web, you'll notice a mastery level associated with each grammar topic represented by different colours:
- Needs practice (Red): You’ve just learned this grammar topic in your self-study lessons. The concept is most likely new to you and you would need to consult the grammar rules to apply it correctly.
- Improving (Yellow): You're grasping this grammar topic, but it requires a bit of thought before you can nail it down perfectly. Expect some mistakes as you apply the grammar rules.
- Strong (Blue): You're making fewer mistakes, but there's still a need to consciously think before applying the grammar rule accurately.
- Mastered (Green): This grammar topic has become second nature. You're effortlessly applying the rule correctly without needing to actively think about it.
If you are using the Grammar review on iOS or Android as well, the 4 categories roughly translate to:
- Weak : Needs practice
- Medium : Improving/Strong
- Strong : Mastered
What does the topic mastery progress bar mean?
Each grammar topic is assigned a rating score that represents your understanding of that specific topic, influenced by how you answer questions related to this grammar topic. This rating is like your personal skill level in the grammar topic in question.
The progress bar on the topic page translates this rating into a 0-100% scale, reflecting the gradual nature of acquiring grammar skills.
How can I review my grammar on web?
There are two main ways to practise your grammar on the web.
Personalised practice: A tailored review of a mix of grammar topics that need improvement.
- Visit the Grammar Review main page.
- Select "Practise Now" to access a personalised mix of grammar exercises tailored to your needs.
Focused practice: A review of a specific grammar topic.
Click on the grammar topic of your choice from the list of topics.
- You can unlock individual topics by completing a corresponding lesson within the course.
- To do a focused practice for an unlocked topic, click on the "Practise Topic" button on the dedicated topic page.
- Click on the grammar topic of your choice from the list of topics.