Busuu is designed to provide a complete self-study environment for language learners: Each lesson is grouped around a particular communicative focus (for example: introducing yourself, describing your hometown, or ordering food in a restaurant).
Each unit within a lesson is designed to teach useful language in bite-sized chunks (phrases and sentences) that the student can then reproduce in both controlled and free practice activities.
Our courses are developed by language experts who apply the best principles from communicative classroom teaching to our content.
Some of our courses' key features are:
- Interactive vocabulary and grammar lessons with audio, translation and multiple choice exercises
- Audio recordings of each vocabulary item, plus example sentences and dialogues to place vocabulary and grammar in context
- Voice recording and speech recognition exercises to improve pronunciation
- Conversations feature helps practise real-life conversations with feedback from native speakers
- Translations of key vocabulary, instructions and grammar tips for 12 language courses
- Writing exercises that receive instant corrections from native speakers in the Busuu community
Each language course on Busuu is developed using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), an internationally recognised standard for creating language lessons. The CEFR is broken down into six stages, ranging from complete beginner to complete fluency. Our courses cover the first four stages of the CEFR, from A1 Beginner to B2 Upper Intermediate level