We’ll recommend friends based on how you use the platform. For example, if you’re a native English speaker learning French, we’ll suggest native and advanced French speakers learning English.
To add a friend:
- Go to a learner’s Profile by clicking on their picture or through the Suggested list in the app.
- Select the Me tab and then the Friends icon (or Find speakers button if you don't have friends yet).
- Go to the Suggested tab.
- Add everyone using the Add all button or send requests individually to other learners.
You might also receive friend requests from other users in your Notifications.
To remove a friend:
- On the website, click on the Friends icon in the navigation bar, or on the app, find it under the Me tab.
- Use the search bar to locate the friend you want to remove or scroll down your list, then visit their profile.
- Select the icon at the top and then the Remove friend button.
- If you’re using the iOS app, tap the icon and select Remove friend at the bottom of the screen.
Remember, friend requests must be accepted by the other learner for them to be added to your list. Once sent, friend requests can’t be unsent.