Busuu is a self-led language learning platform that focuses on building solid foundations through simplified courses and short, focused lessons. Here's how it works:
- Free or Premium: Sign up and study for free, or subscribe to Premium for additional features.
- Choose your language: Select the language you want to learn and start your lessons.
- Cover the four skills: Our courses teach reading, writing, listening, and speaking, from beginner to advanced levels.
- Practise and correction: Complete exercises in audio or writing and get them corrected by our dedicated Community of native speakers.
Our courses are designed to provide comprehensive self-study for language learners. Here's what you can expect:
- Focused learning: Each lesson revolves around a specific topic, like introducing yourself or ordering food in a restaurant.
- Bite-sized lessons: Our lessons teach useful language in manageable chunks of 3 - 5 minutes.
- Developed by experts: Our courses are created by language experts who apply effective teaching principles to our lessons.
- Fun and engaging: You’ll encounter video bites, interactive exercises, audio recordings, conversations with native speakers, and more.
- Aligned with CEFR: Each language course follows the Common European Framework of Reference, a recognized standard for creating language lessons.
We’re obsessed with the efficacy of Busuu and regularly measure the effectiveness of our language-learning methodology.
In 2016, we conducted an independent study with a research team from the City University of New York & the University of South Carolina to measure learning outcomes.
The study found that 22 hours of Busuu Premium are equivalent to a college semester of language learning and all participants improved after learning with Busuu for 16 hours.